All year, the Blue Ridge Music Center brings mountain music to communities on and off the Blue Ridge Parkway through On the Road events. We are happy to partner with arts organizations, venues, festivals, and additional groups to share mountain music.
On the Road
BLUE RIDGE MUSIC BROUGHT TO YOU
On the Road concerts have included:
- Sounds of the Mountains Concert Series, held each January at the Willingham Theater in partnership with the Yadkin Arts Council in Yadkinville, N.C.
- Concerts at Triad Park held in partnership with Forsyth County and the Winston-Salem and Forsyth County Arts Council
- Concerts held in partnership with Bailey Park and The Ramkat in Winston-Salem, N.C., The Reeves Theater in Elkin, N.C., Chestnut Creek School of the Arts in Galax, V.A.
Other past On the Road events include:
- Mill Towns and the Birth of American Music conference held in the spring of 2019 near Winston-Salem, N.C.
- Guest lectures at UNC Greensboro and Wake Forest University in North Carolina
- We Are the Music Makers! exhibition at the Yadkin Arts Center, in partnership with the Music Makers Relief Foundation and the Yadkin Arts Council in Yadkinville, N.C.
- A Place in the Band: Women in Bluegrass and American Roots Music online interview series and virtual conference held in the first quarter of 2021.
- Deep Roots, Many Voices online discussion series and virtual symposium held in the first quarter of 2022.
Check our calendar for upcoming On the Road events near you!
If you would like to partner with the Blue Ridge Music Center, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.